Política de Privacidade
Bem-vindo ao nosso site e obrigado pelo seu interesse na nossa instituição e serviços. A proteção dos seus direitos de privacidade durante a utilização do nosso site é muito importante para nós. Como entidade jurídica responsável e operador de serviço:
Departamento de Nefrologia Pediátrica
Centro de Medicina Pediátrica e Adolescente
Hospital Universitário de Heidelberg
Im Neuenheimer Feld 430
(hereinafter also referred to as „we“)
wish to inform you concerning the processing of your personal data and your rights as a user of the website https://patients.erknet.org (hereinafter referred to as the „Website“).
- Subject of data protection, legal basis and sources
- Data categories
- Server log data
- Communication by e-mail
- Google Analytics
- Third-party services and content
- Links to social networks and platforms
- Recipient of personal data
- Data processing in third countries
- Storage time
- Your rights
1. Subject of data protection, legal basis and sources
The subject of data protection is personal data. Personal data is information about the personal and factual circumstances of a specific or identifiable natural person. Your personal data therefore includes all data that could allow someone to identify you, such as your name, address, telephone number or e-mail address. Personal data also includes information resulting from the use of our Website, such as the beginning, end and scope of use, or your IP address. For details on the personal data categories processed by us, see section 2. We process your data only if an applicable law allows this. The following are the primary legal basis for the processing of your data:
- Consent (Article 6 (1) sentence 1 (a) GDPR): We will process certain data only on the basis of your prior explicit and voluntary consent. You have the right to revoke your consent at any time with effect for the future.
- Contract fulfillment or implementation of pre-contractual measures (Art. 6 (1) sentence 1 letter b DSGVO): In particular for the initiation or execution of a contract with us, we require certain data from you.
- Fulfillment of a legal obligation (Art. 6 (1) sentence 1 (c) GDPR): In addition, we process your personal data in order to fulfill legal obligations, such as commercial and fiscal document retention requirements.
- Safeguarding of legitimate interests (Article 6 (1) (1) (f) GDPR): We will process certain data in order to safeguard its interests or those of third parties. This, however, only applies in individual cases if your interests do not predominate.
Please note that this is not a complete or exhaustive list of the possible legal basis, but is merely a list of examples with the purpose of making the data protection legal basis more transparent. For details on the legal basis of individual data processing cases on our Website, please refer to the passages below. This personal data is derived from the following sources:
- Mostly from yourself, especially resulting from your contact requests, orders and information granted during the conclusion of a contract,
- From other partners of our institution in Germany and abroad as far as such partners need such information for providing our services.
2. Data categories
We regularly process the following data categories pertaining to individuals:
- Basic data, in particular your name, title and, if applicable, your company.
- Contact details, in particular your postal address as well as possibly your telephone numbers, fax number and e-mail address.
- Content data, in particular texts, photos and data contained in your correspondence with us.
- Usage data, in particular which pages of our Website you visit, the access times and your IP address.
3. Server log data
You can access the public part of our website without prior registration and without giving any personal information. By visiting our website, the following information regarding your website access can be stored:
- IP address of the requesting device,
- file retrieved,
- http response code,
- the website from which you accessed our Website (referrer URL),
- date, time and time zone of the server request,
- browser type and version,
- operating system of the requesting device,
- search term with which the website was found, for example via Google.
We process this access data on the basis of Art. 6 (1) (1) (f) GDPR in order to provide access to the Website and to ensure the technical operation and security of our IT systems. In doing so, we pursue our interest of enabling and sustaining the use of our Website and its technical functionality. This data is processed automatically when you access our Website. You cannot use our Website without this provision. We do not use this data for the purpose of drawing conclusions about your identity. This automatically collected data is partially anonymized after seven days. The log files are deleted after nine weeks at the latest. You cannot object to the collection and storage of your server access data as this information is essential for the smooth operation of the Website.
4. Communication by e-mail
If you contact us by e-mail, the collection, processing and use of your voluntarily communicated contact data (such as your name and e-mail address) occurs with the sole purpose of receiving, technically administering and, possibly, answering your request(s). The processing of data, which is transmitted when contacting us by e-mail, occurs on the basis of Art. 6 (1) (1) (b) GDPR when it involves the initiation of a contractual relationship or on the basis of Art. 6 (1) (1) (f) GDPR. In the latter case, we have a legitimate interest in handling voluntarily transmitted contact requests. We will delete the data that you provide as soon as the purpose of recording it no longer exists, unless their retention is necessary for the fulfillment existing statutory requirements. Insofar as your data is processed on the basis of legitimate interests, you can object at any time to the storage of your personal data. Since communication via e-mail does not take place via a secured data connection, please refrain from sending confidential information such as bank or credit card information. We recommend that you transmit confidential information in a secure way, such as by postal mail.
a) Essential Cookies
We use the following essential Cookies for the operation of our Website, for which we have a legitimate interest in storing and without which we would not be able to offer the use of our Website with certain basic functions (e.g. not requiring you to log in every time you open a new page):
|PHPSESSID||Cookie for storing simple information, which can e.g. be viewed on a different page when submitting a form.||Session|
|cookie_notice_accepted||Stores the user’s confirmation regarding the use of third-party Cookies.||6 months|
|wfwaf-authcookie-xxx||Identifies a login for the plug-in Wordfence.||1 day|
|wordpress_logged_in||Identifies that a user is logged in.||Session|
Essential Cookies can only be deactivated technically via your browser settings or browser plug-ins. This can lead to functional limitations of the Website.
b) Non-essential first-party Cookies
Non-essential first-party Cookies, which are not absolutely necessary for Website use, but nevertheless fulfill important tasks. They allow comfortable surfing on our Website, such as browser language detection. Furthermore, we can dynamically generate customized content. We use the following non-essential first-party Cookies on our Website:
|wpml_browser_redirect_test||This Cookie can automatically redirect visitors based on their browser language.||Session|
Non-essential first-party Cookies can only be deactivated technically via your browser settings or browser plug-ins. This can lead to functional limitations of the Website.
c) Third-party Cookies
|Description||Function/Purpose||Third party||Storage time|
|_ga, _gid, _gat||This web analytics service collects aggregate statistical information on the number of visitors to our website and their usage patterns, such as the duration and frequency of visits and pages visited.||Google Analytics||up to 2 years|
6. Google Analytics
- https://www.google.com/intl/de/policies/privacy/partners („How Google uses information from sites or apps that use our services“),
- https://www.google.de/settings/ads („Control the information Google uses to show you ads“).
7. Third-party services and content
a) Google Fonts
We integrate web-fonts called Google Fonts from Google LLC, 1600 Amphitheater Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, USA, into our Website. For more information concerning Google’s use of data as well as configuration and consent options, please visit Google’s websites using the links listed in section 6.
b) Google reCaptcha
For recognizing bots, e.g. when accepting data from online submission forms, we use the human user recognition feature ReCaptcha offered by Google LLC, 1600 Amphitheater Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, USA. For more information concerning Google’s use of data as well as configuration and consent options, please visit Google’s websites using the links listed in section 6.
c) Google Maps
To display maps, we use the Google Maps service provided by Google LLC, 1600 Amphitheater Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, USA. The processed data may include, but is not limited to, IP addresses and location data, however it will not be collected without your consent (usually through appropriate device settings). For more information concerning Google’s use of data as well as configuration and consent options, please visit Google’s websites using the links listed in section 6.
d) Wordfence Security
To protect our Website – and also your data – from hacker attacks, we employ the plug-in „Wordfence Security“ by Defiant Inc. (800 5th Ave Ste 4100, Seattle, WA 98104, USA). Wordfence is an online firewall that enables us to protect against cyber attacks of all kinds. For this purpose, IP addresses and other access data are stored on Wordfence servers. For more information about privacy and how Wordfence works, see: https://www.wordfence.com/help/general-data-protection-regulation/.
8. Links to social networks and platforms
From our Website, we link to social networks and platforms such as Facebook and Twitter, without integrating their plug-ins into our Website. As long as you do not click the link of the respective provider on our Website, there will be no data transmission to the provider. After clicking one of the links, however, you will leave our Website and your data will be sent to the appropriate provider, even if you are not logged in to the provider’s website. These social networks and platforms are each offered by the following providers:
- Facebook is operated by Facebook Inc., 1601 S. California Ave, Palo Alto, CA 94304, USA („Facebook“).
- Twitter is operated by Twitter Inc., 1355 Market St, Suite 900, San Francisco, CA 94103 („Twitter“).
- Youtube is operated by YouTube LLC, 901 Cherry Ave, San Bruno, CA 94066, USA („Youtube“), a subsidiary company belonging to Google LLC.
- Instagram is operated by Instagram, LLC, 1601 Willow Road, Menlo Park, CA 94025, USA („Instagram“), a subsidiary company belonging to Facebook Inc.
For more information concerning the purpose and scope of data collection, its further processing and use of the data by Facebook, Twitter, Google, Youtube and Instagram as well as your rights in this regard and available configuration settings to protect your privacy, please refer to the respective Privacy policies of the providers:
9. Recipient of personal data
Your personal data will only be forwarded by us to external recipients if this is necessary for processing or handling your request, or we have your consent, or any other legal provision allows us to do so. In particular, external recipients can be:
- Processors: These are service providers that we ourselves use to provide our services, for example, regarding the technical infrastructure and maintenance of our Website. Such processors are carefully selected and regularly reviewed by us to ensure that your privacy is preserved. These service providers may only use your data for the purposes specified by us and in accordance to our instructions. In compliance with the statutory requirements of Art. 28 GDPR, we are entitled to use such processors.
- Public bodies: These are public authorities, state institutions and other public entities, such as supervisory authorities, courts, prosecutors or tax authorities. Personal data will only be relayed to such public authorities for legally binding reasons. Here, the legal basis for relaying such data may be Article 6 (1) (1) (c) GDPR.
- Private agencies: Service providers and assistants to whom data is relayed on the basis of a legal obligation or for the safeguarding of legitimate interests, such as shipping service providers, payment service providers, tax consultants or event organizers. In this case the legal basis for relaying such data is of Article 6 (1) (1) (b), (c) and/or (f) GDPR.
10. Data processing in third countries
Provided that we transmit your data to third countries outside the EU or the EEA, as described above, we ensure that, notwithstanding legally permitted exceptions, the recipient either has an adequate level of data protection or your consent to the transfer of data. An appropriate level of data protection is ensured, for example, by an EU-US Privacy Shield certification of the recipient, the conclusion of EU standard contractual clauses or the existence of so-called Binding Corporate Rules (BCR).
11. Storage time
We only store your personal data for as long as this is necessary for purpose fulfillment or – in the case of consent – as long as you do not revoke your consent. In the event of a disagreement, we will no longer process your personal data, unless its processing is permitted or even required by relevant statutory provisions (for example, regarding commercial and tax-related retention obligations). We will also delete your personal data if we are obliged to do so for legal reasons. In addition, please refer to the storage period details regarding your personal data in the respective statements in preceding paragraphs.
12. Your rights
As a data subject, you have many rights. Specifically, these are the following:
- Right to information (Article 15 GDPR): You have the right to obtain information about the data we have stored about you.
- Right to rectification and cancellation (Articles 16 and 17 GDPR): You may request the correction of incorrect data and, insofar as the legal requirements are met, the deletion of your data.
- Right to restriction of processing (Article 18 GDPR): You can demand from us – as far as the legal requirements are met – that we limit the processing of your data.
- Right to data portability (Article 20 GDPR): If you have provided us with data based on a contract or your consent, you may, if the legal conditions are met, require that you receive the data you provide in a structured and standardized format or that we forward it to another responsible entity.
- Right to object to data processing based on legitimate interests (Article 21 GDPR): You have the right, for reasons arising from your particular situation, to object to our data processing at any time, insofar as these are based on legitimate interests within the scope of Article 6 (1) (1) GDPR. If you make use of your right to object, we will stop processing your data, unless we can provide compelling legitimate reasons for further processing, which outweigh your rights.
- Revocation of consent (Article 7 GDPR): If you have consented to the processing of your data, you can revoke it at any time with effect for the future. Your revocation does not affect the legality of hitherto completed data processing operations. If you wish to revoke your consent to the use of certain cookies, please refer to the information in section 5.
- Right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority (Article 77 GDPR): If you believe that the processing of your data violates applicable law, you can also lodge a complaint with the responsible supervisory authority. You may choose to contact either the Data Protection Authority responsible at your place of residence, your place of employment, or the location of the alleged breach, or the Data Protection Authority responsible for us. In our case, the supervisory authority responsible for data protection is the State Representative for Data Protection and Freedom of Information in Baden-Wuerttemberg (LfDI), accessible at Königstrasse 10a, 70173 Stuttgart, Tel: +49 711 615541-0, Fax: +49 711 615541-15, E-Mail: , Website: http://www.baden-wuerttemberg.datenschutz.de
If you have any questions regarding the processing of your personal data, your rights or any consent given, we will be pleased to assist you. You can contact us under the communication channels mentioned in our Legal Notice.
We take technical and organizational security measures to protect your personal data against accidental or intentional manipulation, loss, destruction or access by unauthorized persons. These security measures are adapted according to the current state of the art. Your personal data transmitted as part of the use of our Website is securely transmitted using encryption. We use the encryption protocol Transport Layer Security (TLS), which is more widely known under the predecessor name Secure Sockets Layer (SSL). Our employees are committed to data secrecy.