ERKNet is the European Reference Network for Rare Kidney Diseases. It is formed by expert centres throughout Europe that provide healthcare to more than 70,000 patients with rare diseases of the kidneys. ERKNet provides expertise on more than 300 individual kidney diseases.
Activities of ERKNet
Our activities and objectives are listed in the following figure.
in following diseases and conditions:
- Protein-losing kidney diseases (hereditary and acquired)
- Salt-losing kidney diseases (hereditary and acquired
- Congenital abnormalities of the kidneys and the urinary tract
- Cystic kidney diseases (including ADPKD and ARPKD)
- Haemolytic uremic syndrome and related diseases
- Kidney stone disorders
- Metabolic diseases affecting the kidneys
- Chronic kidney disease and dialysis in children
- Kidney transplantation in children